27.5.11

Brown Photography
















This is a logo that I designed about a year ago for a freelance photographer based in the West Yorkshire area. I started off by thinking of what kind of font I was going to use because originally I wanted to do a type based logo. The font that I chose to use is 'FF Meta', probably my favourite font ever (yes I'm a massive typography geek) which was designed by the amazing Erik Spiekermann who is my favourite graphic designer and typographer. I then started to draw different parts of a camera because I wanted to use a symbol on the logo too, I came up with my own version of a shutter that could be used on the logo quite subtle, but it could also be used on his photographs by itself as a sort of copyright symbol. I also played around with different colours and in the end I went with brown and black, firstly because the clients surname is 'brown' and secondly I thought the contrast between the two colours complimented each other perfectly. I was really happy with how this logo turned out and the client was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment