12.7.11

David Robinson

















This is a logo that I designed for a local painter and decorator about two years ago in my final year of University. The logo was actually part of a live brief that our tutor set us, we basically had about two hours to produce a logo, business card and van graphics. The winning design would win £100 and have a nice piece of work to put in their portfolio, luckily my design won so I was absolutely chuffed to bits. The idea behind the logo was to keep it simple but to also make it look classy and professional. I chose to use a serif font for the decorators name because I thought it looked quite classy and I chose a sans serif for the painting and decorating part because I thought it looked clean and professional. I put the blue stroke in there firstly to separate the words and secondly I chose blue because I see it as a safe, clean and reliable colour and lets face it nobody wants a messy and unreliable painter and decorator working for them do they! I thought that this was a very valuable project for us to work on because it kind of gave us a glimpse into the kind of pressures and deadlines that we would be working under after we had graduated. I will post images of the business card and van graphics at a later date when I get some good quality photos of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment